Tuesday, October 13, 2009

a good thing...

I am having the best time planning this wedding! Everything is coming together just perfectly! I could not feel more lucky with the selections we have chosen so far.

ACT 1: My mom and I were able to meet with Glen Hein yesterday for a tour and Q/A of the Conference Center at the EconoLodge. The space is even better than I remembered! The room was divided into 3 smaller rooms while I was there, but I was still able to get the gist of what it will be like wide open. I also had no idea they had so many options for a lay out. Where do I want the head table? Didn’t know I got a choice! So now, where do I want the head table located! Not that it really matters, there will only be 4 of us at it (haha).
I think I was the most excited about the lighting, during a reception and dance, they don’t use any of the florescent lights, they only use can lighting and they have a dimmer switch for them. As Martha Stewart would say: Mood Lighting is a Good Thing!

Now next Tuesday, Chad and I are meeting with Suzanne Wynveen to select which wedding photo package we want and hopefully to get a date set for the engagement pictures. I’m thinking this spring would be a nice time for them. I’m already looking forward to warm days, green grass and flourishing flower beds! It’s going to be a long winter. Good thing I have a lot to keep me busy!

So I have also purchased my first copy of the knot wedding magazine. I'll tell you the truth: I have admired this magazine for years. I have always wanted my first copy, but was nervous about 'jinxing' the real thing, so I have always held back. Now I have no need to hold back! And can I tell you - it was worth the wait!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going great! I love wedding planning! I am sure you will hear this a million times, but if you need any help planning or want some ideas let me know! Can't wait to see the engagement pics!

    ReplyDelete