Friday, November 18, 2011

update from hibernation

Since my last post, Chad and I have celebrated our first wedding anniversary! It was a wonderful weekend affair.
Our actual anniversary was on a Sunday, but that didn’t stop us from going out on Saturday as well. We spent the full day on Saturday working on projects around the house and getting our yard ready for the big WI winter that is bound to happen sooner than I am ready for. That night we got ready and drove to Maple Grove for dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack. Wait… Maple Grove does not have a Joe’s Crab Shack anymore?!? Gee thanks Garmin… Feeling a bit defeated and not being able to feel my legs due to severe hunger, we called my parents who gave us the address for the one in Roseville. Another 45 minutes of driving later – there we were in full Crabby Glory! Let me tell you – our Steam Pots were worth the wait. We even treated ourselves for their gooey s ’mores dessert. Then on Sunday (the actual day) we grilled out and had year old cake J We also enjoyed a bottle of campaign that we got 2 years earlier while in Door County when Chad asked me to marry him!

Now next weekend is Thanksgiving and I can’t wait! Chad and I will be splitting our time between his family and mine, but that is not hard at all since they both live in the same town.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend full of family and friends! And please remember everything you are thankful for!

You can see I also gave my blog a bit of a facelift! I like how cheery it looks now! Let me know what you think – I love getting comments.

1 comment:

  1. Love the facelift ;) Sorry to hear you had to drive all over MN to get to your destination, but is sounds like it was worth it! Congratulations and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete